Weekly photo challenge: Silhouette
I was pretty excited about this week’s photo challenge theme, until I realised that probably the two best silhouette photos that I have ever taken, I have already posted previously, here and here. Nevertheless, PJD also has something of a penchant for snapping the odd silhouette photo, and I think the photo below, taken in the Tate Tanks is pretty awesome. The silhouettes of the strangers, walking in, through, amongst the art in the eerie space of the Tanks are captured in a pretty unusual way, and the presence of shadowy silhouettes as well, without it being clear who they belong to, only adds to this effect. I also love how the pink of the woman’s trousers pops against the murky darkness, and the the movement of her silhouette contrasts with the stillness of the other silhouettes in the scene.
Photo by PJD, The Tate Tanks, Tate Modern, London, United Kingdom, September 2012.
- Weekly photo challenge: Sillhouette (thedailypost.me)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouettes (aniaarcher.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette (arindammohapatra.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouettes, and Where I Find Them! (salmonfishingqueen.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette (itlnbrt.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette (myjourneywithdepression.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette (danajoward.wordpress.com)